Check Out

 


    I don't know if I'm just biased because I really love Best as an actor and he's one of my favorite people to watch live right now or if this is a genuine opinion of the show, but I think this got way more hate than it deserved.

I saw people claiming that the only saving grace in this show was Boat, but honestly, he was probably my least favorite character. The actor is hella handsome and his smile is ... phew. Though there was nothing about him as a character that was worth holding in high regard. It legitimately felt like they pulled a crew member off-set and shoved him into the show because the real actor didn't show up. Maybe it was all the hype around him that made the character feel so out of place but I really didn't understand. 

As far as the show itself, I had put off watching it because I really LOVED the prequel and everyone was trashing this, so I thought I would also hate it, but in reality, it was better than a lot of other shows that came out in 2022. The story jumped around a little and there were a LOT of flashbacks which made it feel like it had way too small of a budget, but that's super common in BL and these episodes were on the longer side so it wasn't like when you get a Korean drama with only 8 minutes of new content because there are 5 minutes of "previously" and 8 minutes of flashbacks, and then 4 minutes of "on the next episode". 

Though I will say I agree with pretty much everyone that not a single man in this show deserves Daonuea(again possibly biased) but I really don't understand why he ke[t holding on to both these really shitty men when he was clearly way out of their league, but whatever. 

I don't really have too much to say about this one, it was a quick watch and I didn't love or hate it. It didn't do the prequel justice, but it wasn't terrible either. I will be watching the movie that was just released this week as well.

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment