My Tooth Your Love

 


    I loved this show! I love love love this show. 

The story is about Bai Lang, who is afraid to go get his sore tooth looked at because of PTSD, and fear of the dentist which is also tied to severe childhood trauma. 

I don't think I, personally, have seen a Chinese drama correctly depict any form of mental illness, and panic attacks are a low bar to start with but they're so common that seeing them shown in this show correctly thrilled me. 

His sister forces him to go see a dentist she knows from school; Jin Xun An. The two have this hilarious discourse. They nag at each other like old married couples from their first encounter. It's a pleasure to watch. Bai Lang is playful and childlike and Xun An is very reserved, cold, and mature. They contrast so much and yet have perfect chemistry.

The only reason this show isn't getting a 10/10 is that there are a few scenes in the final 2 episodes that have to do with Xun An's father that were incredibly hard to watch, and they brush past it in the end as if it was normal, and to be expected. 

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment