Love Class

 


    I don't know how this show slipped under my radar for so long. I saw no advertising for it, and only happened to watch it because I'm currently binge-watching every show that came out last year. (Stay tuned for all that.)

This one is only 8 episodes long and it could have easily been 20 more without me losing interest. The main characters are all equally interesting. 

I don't typically like stories that follow a straight man who finds himself falling in love with another man but that's because it's most often presented with severe internalized homophobia. Here, however, you have a character who, even though he is caught up in a dating rumor and the other students are chastizing him, doesn't turn to that blatant homophobia to build a wall around himself. Not to mention that the realization of it happens in a way that seems natural, while sudden. 

The only parts of this show that I didn't enjoy were to do with Ro A. They leaned too heavily into this mystery relationship between him and his roommate, there wasn't enough explanation of what their history was for me. The bare minimum to make it make sense. The other issue I had was they had him switch up at the end, which got cleared up in the finale, but I was straight-up mad at how out of character it was until I finished the show. 

All of which was so minor that it could be easily forgiven. I am really glad that this show ended up on my to-watch list. 

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment